Thursday, October 3, 2013

What Government Shutdown?

    It has been three days since the supposed government shutdown. I have felt no pain. My mail delivery continues. Gasoline stations are open with prices dropping. My bank and financial investment institution are open for business. I bought food yesterday at the supermarket operating as though nothing was happening. My electricity and water are on. I got a haircut yesterday. I also noticed the news that a gang of operating policeman and other security guards were able to chase down and kill an unarmed woman, who crashed a barricade at the White House. While I was running errands, a fire truck passed me on its way to an emergency. I had no need of emergency medical attention, but I'll bet a hat that if I did, I would have found the emergency rooms at the hospital operating.
    All of the above are my essential services, and they are going well. I really don't need operation of the EPA, Department of Energy, Department of Education, and a multitude of other agencies and departments of the federal government. I guess I can conclude that most of those are a waste of taxpayer money.
    Since we seem to be doing fine with the government shutdown, let's keep it going, and see whether it really does any damage, or whether it's actually good for most of the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment