Saturday, October 26, 2013

Rep. Neugebauer Voted for the Continuing Resolution

Open Email to Rep. Neugebauer (TX):

Dear Rep. Neugebauer,
    On October 21 you issued one of your newsletters, which commented on Congress passing a bill raising the federal debt ceiling and providing stopgap funding for the federal government. You said you could not vote to increase our debt limit without making genuine spending cuts.
    The following day I emailed you, with my compliments on your statement that you could not vote to increase the debt limit without spending cuts.
    Within the past few days, I had occasion to review the House voting record on HR 2775. This bill was essentially the same as the Senate bill PL 113-46, which was a continuing resolution bill without strings, and which President Obama had demanded all along. In effect, House Republicans caved on their resolve to not increase the debt limit without spending cuts. I have already written concerning my displeasure with the House Republicans' action.
    However, I decided to check the voting record on HR 2775, which gives Obama a free hand, and found that you had voted "Yeah", contrary to your previous claim that you had voted "Nay".
    I am extremely disappointed not only with the total position of the House voting on this matter, but more specifically on the fact that you apparently misled me and perhaps many others; should I say by lying?

No comments:

Post a Comment