Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sen. Cruz's (Texas) Newsletter

Open email to Sen. Cruz:

Dear Sen. Cruz,
    I have read your newsletter.    Thank you for your practical position on the Farm Bill. Unfortunately, you seem to be one of the very few voices of reason in the Senate. My only suggestion is that you holler as loud as you can. Including food stamps is a part of the Farm Bill Is a ridiculous association.
    With respect to balancing liberty with security, I have recently sent you a copy of my open email to House Speaker Boehner on the subject. You and I seem to be on the same wavelength.
    With respect to Samantha Powers for UN Ambassador, I agree with you completely. She is not an American. She's an Internationalist and there's no place for her as an American representative at the UN.
    On the Immigration Bill, as you point out, it is a disaster. Unfortunately, there seems to be little we can do about it at this time. The Democrats say they have the votes, which they do, and there's no sense to tilting windmills in the spirit of Man of La Mancha.
    I also listened to your radio discussion with Mark Levin. You have a super position. If we had more Senators like you, we would certainly have a better country. I take one little issue on the matter of abolishing the IRS. I have no objection to a flat tax, but someone has to collect the money. If it isn't the IRS, who will do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment