Saturday, July 13, 2013

Good Riddance to Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano

     The Washington Times reports that Sec. of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano will resign from her current post and will become President of the University of California. The Times says that she leaves the Secretary post with a "trail of successes".    I don't know what successes she has had. As far as I am concerned, she has been a complete bust in her last job.
    On July 6, I wrote about government deficiencies regarding the West, Texas explosion of ammonium nitrate, which basically destroyed the town. In that write-up, I said, "
Janet Napolitano is the Sec. of the Department of Homeland Security and the buck stops with her. CFATS has had six directors since its inception. With her poor record involving CFATS and and other deficiencies, which I'm sure you can find, it is apparent that Sec. Napolitano is a poor administrator. I call for her ouster".
    She is now out of Homeland Security. I am not so egotistical as to believe that I had anything to do with it directly, but who knows whether my writings have an indirect effect. More likely, logical members of Congress and perhaps a few clearheaded thinkers of the Obama Administration have come to the same conclusion. Either way, we have been successful in her removal. Let's hope that her replacement will have better administrative skills.
    I'm a little surprised at her new appointment as President of the University of California. While I have had little regard for some of the extreme positions that state has taken on environment and energy, my regard for the University of California was previously rather high. It is now significantly reduced. The only possible positive aspect is that in actual operation of the University system, the President may be a figurehead, rather than a true administrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment