Saturday, March 14, 2015

Sen. Cornyn on Texas Independence Day

Open Email to Sen. Cornyn (TX):

Dear Sen. Cornyn,
I see you are still dealing with subjects of minor significance.
In an earlier newsletter, you were complaining about human trafficking. I ready commented on that, with the suggestion that since we already have laws covering that, the only remaining problem is enforcement of same. That's a matter for the Justice Department.
I've also read your net latest newsletter, in which you are congratulating people for sending you 350 photos involving Texas Independence Day. I guess my question is whether you are a US senator or a Texas historian. Is this a reasonable way for a US senator to be spending his time when we are faced with many significant domestic and world problems? The only political justification I can think of, in your concentrating on this latter point, is that you're trying to establish enough independent feeling in Texas residents that they will want to secede from the union. Ex-Gov. Rick Perry has already taken us down that road. Forget it.
With all due respect, I suggest, Sen. Cornyn, that you get on with the business of this country and stop frittering your time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment