Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sen. Cruz (TX) on Energy, Ukraine, and Marriage

Open email to Sen. Cruz (TX):

Dear Sen. Cruz,
I have read your form letter on the energy revolution, Ukraine violence, and the marriage bill. My comments with respect to yours are as follows:

Energy Revolution
I completely support any of your promotion actions in this area. Energy should be a matter of government policy, because it affects the national economy including jobs.

Ukraine Violence
I completely disagree with your implied US involvement in the Ukraine political situation. While I am sympathetic to those being killed and their families, it is none of our business. We have no justification for involvement and no money to do it. Remember the $17 trillion debt. I have previously written on the subject. An excerpt from that writing is, " In the first place, the Ukrainian people elected their present government. They wanted it, and they must suffer with it."

Marriage Bill
You have introduced enact anti-gay marriage bill, which is interpreted as.defending states' right to regulate marriage.
I completely disagree with your position on this, marriage is a cultural matter and neither the federal government, state government or local government should be involved. The only question should be whether there are certain financial benefits accruing to either same-sex or opposite sex marriages. In both cases, my opinion is that they should be none. Government has no right to discriminate on a cultural matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment