Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dividing California into Six States I

Open Email to Texas House Representatives and Senators:

Dear Texas House Representatives and Senators,
I had previously emailed you concerning a proposal in California to divide the state into six smaller states. In order for that to be accomplished, Congress will have to vote its agreement.
If it comes to a vote in Congress, I previously requested that you vote in favor of the division. I made my request on the basis that California now votes its 55 seats in the House of Representatives generally as a democratic bloc, whereas if the state is split into six smaller states, the 55 electoral votes might be more diverse, in favor of Republicans.
Two of our Political Associates have pointed out that the second effect of the six-state creation would be to change the number of senators from the present 2 to 12. Since California is basically a Democrat state, it is likely that more than half of the new 12 Senators would be Democrats, which would effectively increase California representation to a larger number of Democrats.
Therefore, I change my position. If the vote ever comes to the Congress, I request that you vote AGAINST the split.

No comments:

Post a Comment