Sunday, January 19, 2014

Unavailability of Congressional Representatives

Open Email to House Speaker Boehner:

Dear Speaker Boehner,
I periodically want to send to a Chairman of a House Committee  or Senate Committee a suggestion or comment relative to his/her committee.
I have easily found on the Internet, for both the House and Senate, their various committees and chairmen thereof.
In the case of a Senate Committee Chairman I can also easily find his/her email address and proceed with my message.
However, in the case of a House Committee Chairman, the email address is only usable by the local constituents, who have elected him/her. It seems that House Committee Chairmen do not wish to hear from US citizens outside their local territories. This gives the impression that House Committee Chairmen have no responsibility to all US citizens in their federal capacity. It seems that they are only interested in satisfying local voters for their reelection to office.
It is my impression that all Representatives (Congressman) work for me, even though I have not had a direct part in their election. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
If you tend to agree with my understanding of the federal government's responsibility to all citizens, I would appreciate your making every effort to change the email system for House Representatives, so that they are contactable by all US citizens, not just people from their district.

No comments:

Post a Comment