Friday, November 8, 2013

Sen. Cruz (TX) on Obamacare, Religion, & UN Mandates

Open Email to Sen. Cruz (TX):

Dear Sen. Cruz,
    I have read your latest newsletter.    In the first part, you have castigated OBAMACARE, which seems justifiable to me. You said we must repeal this train wreck of a law, and restore jobs and economic growth to our great nation, and that I should read "below", with the implication that I would learn how you plan to do this.
    When I read "below", all I saw was reference to Pres. Obama's lies and the great state of Texas. I saw nothing on how we get rid of Obamacare.

    You also had a section on PROTECTING RELIGIOUS LIBERTY ACROSS THE WORLD. In this, you went on at great length to describe how we should be protecting Pastor Saeed Abedini, an American citizen, who was imprisonment in Iran for peacefully practicing his Christian faith.
    I respectfully remind you that the First Amendment of the Constitution says that the federal government should not be monkeying with religion. It also seems pretty clear to me that that would apply to international incidents. Secondly,Pastor Saeed Abedini was jailed in Iran, because he was disobeying Iran's laws. You may not like Iran's laws, but that is beside the point. Pastor Saeed Abedini knew what he was doing when he was operating in Iran and he is now paying the penalty. Let it go.

    You also discussed US SOVEREIGNTY VERSUS UNITED NATIONS MANDATES. I agree completely with you that US sovereignty must always take preference over any United Nation's mandate. I will go further and say that any US Representative or Senator, who votes to the contrary is a Communist and should not be in any position of leadership in our Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment