Friday, August 1, 2014

and Carson for President?

The Washington Times says that Ben Carson has his hat in hand ready to throw into the ring of presidential contenders for 2016.
I like Ben Carson. He is personable, believable, and stands for the same things in government that I do. However, it is too early for me to support him.
I have to be convinced that the candidate I support for President in 2014 has a good chance of beating Hillary Clinton or anyone else the Democrats may put up. I want to be completely pragmatic about this. My primary consideration is winning. I am even willing to concede some aspects of my beliefs in order to get most of the points I consider important into a new government.
Let's see how Ben Carson relates to the potential voters in the next two years. The presidential election is not based on issues. It is really a popularity contest. Will Ben Carson be able to develop popular support? We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment