Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Congess Must Unweave the Web of Federal Regulations

Open E-mail to Rep. Neugebauer:

Randy,

In reviewing your latest newsletter, I suggested that Congress best move to improve our economy would be to start undoing the web of Federal Regulations, which Congress has accumulated over many years of legislation.

In support of that position, please read below the comments, which I received from one of my associates.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 7:17 AM
To: 'Arthur Sucsy'
Subject: RE: Rep. Neugebauer's Newsletter

Art: It is not often that I [write] but I would like to share some personal experiences with promulgated rules. As you know I run an agricultural business. Just in the last 2 years we have started to feel the full brunt of the clean air regulation. I sold NH3 [ammonia] up until the 15th of this month. Our inability to appease the EPA with a spotless record that has resulted in their desire to extract $76,000 out of our working capital. In addition we will incur great costs to comply with the food safety act. If congress did not have time to read the heath care bill who in their right mind would think that a small business man would. What that means is still not clear. In addition their new rules on record keeping will also slow us down. I have not mentioned OSHA, DOT, ext. Our economy will stay stalled until these burdens are eliminated. Isn’t the tort penalty of being a bad player deterrent enough?




No comments:

Post a Comment