Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Renewable Energy Gone Amok

Here's a little story from a Political Associate indicating how the federal government fritters away your tax dollars in massive amounts on ridiculous projects.
"If you are not sitting down, go ahead and get settled because what I am about to tell you is going to make you hot.
My nephew is in the Navy and when he first started telling me this tale I thought it couldn't be true.  He said that the Navy was forced by the Pentagon to spend $150 per Gallon on jet fuel made from algae.  Jet fuel (kerosene basicly) weighs in at 6.79 lbs per gallon.  A typical F 18E carries 14,400 lbs of fuel (green, yellow, red any color you want) in its internal tanks.  14,400/6.79 means that this plane carries 2120 gallons of fuel.  So a fill up for a 3-4 hour sortie burning algae jet fuel only cost 2120 x $150 or $318,000 as compared to $6,360 for the conventional stuff.!!!  
Now if you are like me right about now you are thinking you are hearing a tall tale, so I am including below a link to an article about the program, all in the name of 'green'. 
http://rt.com/usa/157724-pentagon-green-jet-fuel-cost"

No comments:

Post a Comment