Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dangerous Speakers

On talk radio this morning, Neal Boortz and his guest were discussing Pres. Obama's speech last night concerning the Arizona shooting. They agreed that Pres Obama is a tremendous speaker. to which I agree.

I also recall that prior to World war II, when I was about 21 years old, I heard may of the speeches of Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini. Although I understood neither the German nor the Italian language at the time, I was moved by the emotional rhetoric of the speakers. In effect they were also tremendous speakers. They were so effective that they were able to lead the German and Italian people down a path to destruction.

Do we now have such a dangerous, capable speaker in President Obama? Two years of his presidency has seemed to bring a lot of destruction on the cultural and financial aspects of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment